http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.auhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/scrapbooking-resume.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/gallery.htmlhttp://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com.au/p/design-teams.html

Monday, January 28, 2013

More Me Time (Prima BAP & Berry71bleu)

The year 2012 has been a good and a bad year...  for many different reasons.  I've known quite a bit of stress these last few months, mostly because of work.  With the start of 2013 came the same stress that i am trying desperately to overcome.  There's a lot of pressure on me right now, but at the same time, the outcome of it all is a bit out of my hands.  What i CAN control though is how i deal with all these challenges... i need to focus on what's important, keep a positive outlook and, most especially, take time to relax and enjoy some more ME time.  'ME time' doesn't necessarily mean to spend time alone... 'ME time' is spent doing whatever makes feel happy and content and at peace, whether that be spending extra time in my scraproom or cuddling with Yves and Sugar on the couch and being silly.  In 2013, i will try my best to put more emphasis on those moments.

That is what i wanted to portray with this layout.

I was inspired by the January challenge at Berry71bleu that is to create a layout all about ME!
Not only did i get inspired by the theme of the challenge, but i loved the soft and elegant colors in the challenge poster too, so i used Prima's beautiful Rondelle collection to capture this same color palette.

I used Prima's January BAP sketch on which to base my design:

I really love how this layout turned out.  I used Embossing Paste for the first time and the Prima brick mask... and i distressed the paper with different color inks.

All the chipboard on this layout is from ScrapFX.  If you have never checked out ScrapFX chipboard before, i strongly suggest you do.  They offer so many different styles and shapes!  I am lucky to have a wide variety to choose from at my LSS.

Scrap FX is also hosting a DT Call right now, so if you are into chipboard as i am, why not click HERE and see how you can apply!

 I used crackle paint on the black pieces of chipboard and some gesso on the 'Me' title.

I like the look of these stitches :)

A little hidden journaling!

I hope you liked looking at this layout.  Now, take my advice and make a little 'ME time' for yourself! :)

Prima products used:
Paper: Rondelle "Cottilion", "Gavotte", "Polonaise"
 Embellishments: Shabby Chic Resin Old Church Window, Flocked Rub-ons, Wood Buttons Nature Garden; Pins; Alphabet Stickers; Crystal Centers; Brick Mask

ScrapFX chipboard used:


8 comments:

  1. So very beautiful Nicole...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    This is very pretty!

    I love how you used the chipboards. Thank you for joining our challenge at berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Nicole!! Love those papers too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this turned out too Nicole! It's full of lovely and interesting little details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous details on your page!! Love all your chippie treatments and amazing stitching/lacing!! Thanks for the inspiration and sharing the close-ups! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this layout based on wonderful you. I agree that 'me' time is so very important. It definitely helps you deal with whatever stresses life may bring you. Best of luck with your 2013 approach. Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the color combo you used , so pretty page!Thank you for joining Berry 71 Bleu challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Beautiful page Nicole! Wishing you the best in 2013! Thanks you for playing along us at Berry71Bleu!!

    ReplyDelete